Anne-Marie Slaughter for the Atlantic.
I wrote a piece on breastmilk and submitted it three weeks ago...
- Editor: So, we're going to be running your booby piece tomorrow.
- Sabine: Oh yay!
- Sabine: I would have hated for it to have gone tits up.
I’m going to be smug for a minute and say how much I enjoy seeing other organisations doing this feature almost two years after I wrote it.
Three years of Tumblr
Happened on December 17.
When I first started using tumblr:
- Working way too many hours in newsrooms, one television, one newspaper
- I was just engaged to Josh
- Living in Burnaby
- Getting something featured on the radar got maybe 25 likes/reblogs
- Actually, I don’t think there were likes yet…
- I work freelance and probably not enough but its ok, I do have my “Motherhood in the Fatherland” series, which I love writing.
- I’m married to Josh for two years
- I live in Berlin, Germany
- We have our own little Berliner — Luisa who joined us just this year and is already having her life chronicled on Tumblr.
Lots can happen in three years.
Thanks to Kerri for telling me to sign up for Tumblr so that all those big changes, and the little ones that led to them and came in between them, are documented.
And thanks to my followers who have come with along the way.
I think 2011 will be a relatively quiet year…